6 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Field Technician in Brooklyn, NY.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Field Technician your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: Performs all aspects of work on rail cars being processed through the New Haven Rail Yard and Commissioning Warranty Sites. This includes all electrical and mechanical troubleshooting, repairs, modifications, and any other duties requested by their supervisor.
- The position entails working on rail cars in the final assembly process at the New Haven facility or at a remote site. The technician will use standard hand tools (wrenches, screwdrivers, sockets, etc.) along with his or her ability to perform basic troubleshooting utilizing multi-meters and PC based test equipment. The technician will read piping diagrams, mechanical drawings, technical manuals, and electrical schematics as required to accomplish the job assignment.
- The technician will perform test procedures on some the following systems: HVAC, Brakes, Propulsion, Communications systems, Toilet systems, Trainline systems, Sign systems, Automatic Train Control systems, general functional tests, Hipotential tests, Wining Continuity Tests, Pneumatic Leakage Tests, Dynamic Tests, Burn-in tests, etc.
- From time to time the Test technician will be required to assist and support the engineering group on various engineering tests.
- The test technician will interact directly with the customer on a regular basis and must have to ability to communicate clearly the intent and be confident in his or her assignment. The test technician will fill out all test documentation, reports and any other documentation required for the particular job assigned.
- The Field Technician will operate in many cases without direct supervision. He will be the lead in performing his tasks. The Field technician is not a novice position. He or She is required to take the lead in the assignment and guide the Function Test Technician or Rail Car Technician assigned with him. The Field Technician is to initiate the call for vendor, engineering, or manufacturing support first, then report to the supervisor the results or need for further assistance.
- The Field Technician will enter discrepancies into the database system. The Field Technician will accurately report his or her time on the job to the supervisor.
- Must have, at a minimum, the following:
- Previous work experience in the electrical or mechanical testing field.
- High school diploma or equivalent, technical school or associates in the engineering field preferred
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Ability to read and understand blue-prints and mechanical drawings
- Proficiency with all basic hand tools and power tools
- Ability to use a multi-meter, chart recorder, oscilloscope, network analyzers, etc.
- Basic proficiency with portable test equipment (PTE) and ability to download and analyze data
- Must be proficient in the English measurement system and be able to learn the Metric measurement system within a specified amount of time
- Capable of working under pressure with specific deadlines
- Able to work flexible hours, any shift,
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, and able to lift, push, or pull a maximum of 40 lbs.
- Comfortable working in a rail yard environment
- Willing to travel on business trips or field assignments- extensive travel may be needed
- Proficient with MS office applications and other industry related software applications
- Ability to lead tasks and assist other technicians
- Ability to perform some troubleshooting utilizing downloads, schematics and manuals
- Ability to analyze problems/data and issue comprehensive reports detailing the analysis
- Communicate clearly with the customer.
Duration: 6 months Temp to hire
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Salary: Depending on Experience
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.