Mendota Heights, United States
8 months ago
QA Functional Tester
As a leading provider of complex administration and payments solutions we have a track record of enabling our clients to improve the effectiveness and performance of their businesses through the critical thinking, expertise, technology, complex administration and payment services we provide.
Our services are delivered by over 5,000 employees worldwide. This enables us to offer solutions that are flexible, adaptable and scalable. We process £160 billion in payments every year. Our services benefit 30 million people worldwide.
Our mission is making complex things simple and we are always looking for talented people to help make that happen and underpin our continued growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding and dynamic software delivery team within the Shared IT department focusing on its core global platforms. The team has locations in the US (Minneapolis), UK (Worthing), Poland (Krakow) and India (Chennai) to enable an end to end Software Delivery Lifecycle.
This role is based in Minneapolis, however, project work may require occasional short visits to other sites globally as well was flexibility to align with UK BST time zone for critical meetings on a prearranged basis.
This is an excellent opportunity for a credible QA functional tester. The core activities of the IT QA Functional Tester are: to design and write test scripts, to identify and manufacture test data, to manually execute test scripts, to raise and retest bugs, to provide support to the offshore test team and business acceptance test teams and to ensure and maintain a level of quality excellence for all Group products.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking the following activities and providing oversight and transparency across the release process;
- Understand requirements, design specifications and convert them into test scripts.
- Identify / generate test data required for test execution
- Manually execute test scripts in multiple browsers and devices
- Analyse test results to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Responsible for logging and tracking defects, and will work closely with developers, project managers, and product managers to ensure quality testing is taking place in a timely manner.
- Support business users carrying out Business Acceptance Testing.
- Provide effective communication to all stakeholders to support the delivery of the test activity.
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge on current technologies, tools and software test methodologies.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Adherence to all Regulatory, Security and Compliance requirements
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Strong SQL scripting skills
- Experience of waterfall and agile methodologies across multiple projects.
- Experience in use of defect management tools, in particular Team Foundation Server
- Experience of cross browser/device, responsive and accessibility testing.
- Experience in the financial sector preferred but not essential.
- Ability to communicate about IT and technology in plain-English and in non-technical terms to colleagues and Clients.
- Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated
- Ability to work calmly and methodically when under pressure
- Experience of Selenium or other automated testing tools is desirable
- Microsoft Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server
- MS SQL