Wallingford, United States
3 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
The Maintenance Electrician 2 position is responsible for supporting production by ensuring minimal downtime due to electromechanical equipment malfunction.
The Maintenance Electrician 2 will work under the direction of the Maintenance & Tooling manager in administering planned and unplanned preventative maintenance, breakdown repair and upgrade measures on all Facility related electromechanical equipment. This includes proper and in-depth documentation of all administered preventative maintenance and breakdown repair measures both planned and unplanned. The Maintenance Electrician 2 will also be expected to assist/mentor/educate Maintenance Electrician 1’s as well as Maintenance Controls Technicians.
At times, the Maintenance Electrician 2 will also be expected to perform other Maintenance related functions including but not limited to piping, mechanical repairs, and maintenance of the buildings & grounds.
- Safely operate all Rowland manufacturing equipment while understanding/following all OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory policies and procedures.
- Understand and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment.
- Be a self-starter who can work in a fast paced/everchanging environment both individually and alongside a team of trained Mechanical, Electrical, and Controls Technicians.
- Able to maintain Facility equipment by interpreting machine prints/schematics, both mechanical and electrical, as well as technical and machine manuals.
- Able to utilize computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) to log and track planned and unplanned preventative maintenance work.
- Able to look up and place order requests for spare parts.
- Capable of setting-up, troubleshooting, and repairing complex electromechanically driven Extrusion Equipment.
- Have a solid knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, welding, fabricating, and shop tools (including Lathe and Bridgeport) to maintain and troubleshoot Facility related equipment both inside plant and along the grounds (including: Painting, Weeding, Snow Removal, Cleaning, Lighting, etc.)
- Make various machinery related repairs including the replacement of damaged/worn/broken parts.
- Able to read/interpret various instruments such as micrometers, calipers, electrical testing meters/equipment, tape measures, combination squares etc.
- Able to answer line calls on a production line as well as provide support during Extrusion teardowns and/or changeovers.
- Able to make recommendations to the Maintenance & Tooling Manager & Plant Manager on jobs to be completed, improvements to enhance machinery performance and determination of scope and best practices required to complete said tasks.
- Troubleshoot, install, and use both DC and AC motors and VFDs.
- Determine cause of electrical malfunction of equipment or systems and complete repairs or replacement of defective electronic components.
- Test electrical circuits and components to locate shorts, faulty connections, and/or defective parts and replace or repair as needed.
- Ability to create and modify electrical drawings using CAD based software.
- Fully understand and adhere to the ARC Flash and Electrical Shock Prevention policy.
- Support and follow the Lock Out / Tag Out program.
- Knowledge of applicable NEC and NFPA codes.
- Diagnose and repair electrical malfunctions, equipment failures.
- Test electrical circuits and components to locate shorts, faulty connections, defective parts, and replace/repair, as necessary.
- Troubleshoot and repair Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and related components.
- Able to pass a comprehensive Powered Industrial Truck training and testing program to safely operate PIT’s in the facility.
- Capable of examining and testing components and plant support systems to ensure that they are in compliance with all standards and regulations.
- Capable of making electrical diagnostic evaluations as well as prescribing corrective actions without the assistance of others.
- Support and participate in plant improvement projects, reliability initiatives, and other key plant level initiatives.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills.
- NOTE: The above are the duties typical of the Maintenance Electrician 2 position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- A High School Diploma is Required
- State of CT E2 Unlimited Journeyman’s Licensure is required
- Electrical Related Technical Certification or Degree Preferred
- 5+ Years of Industrial Manufacturing Trade Related Experience
- Maintenance Electrician 2 - This is an Industrial Electrician versus and Electrician who works on residential electrical work.
Pay rate $35 - $45/hr.
Duration: Direct Hire Permanent
Location: Wallingford, CT.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com