Dover, United States
almost 2 years ago
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Job Summary: Hands on role. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to ensuring proper maintenance of all manufacturing and support equipment as well as the facility and its support systems. Orders and organizes spare parts for production and facility equipment. Provides leadership and instruction so others in the department can complete tasks quickly and effectively. Answers questions, offers insight and organizes responsibilities. Sets a positive example for team members. Follows company policies and ensure team members adhere to all standards and guidelines. Reports to the Production Manager.
- Leads, organizes and plans team meetings, discusses project logistics, assigns duties, sets goals and addresses concerns.
- Maintains progress reports, evaluates team members' performances and discusses project goals, accomplishments and shortcomings with management.
- Daily utilization and upkeep of facility management software.
- Interprets written instructions, service manuals and electrical schematics to install, troubleshoot or repair hydraulic, pneumatic or electro-mechanical systems, used in production, packaging or general facility related equipment.
- Cleans and repairs building mechanical equipment.
- Performs general facility maintenance including plumbing repairs, light construction and repair of existing electrical system.
- Train new employees as requested by production manager on general operation of packaging equipment and/or newly installed equipment.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklist on building equipment safety and maintenance procedures.
- Prepares, update and publish a formalized preventive maintenance schedule for current production equipment.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair
- Good skill in the use of hand and power tools
- Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong people skills
- Must possess a strong attention to detail and be a team player.
- Must possess some basic computer skills.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to handle changing priorities.
- Organizational skills
- Ability to delegate