Shelton, United States
over 1 year ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer in Shelton, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Manufacturing Engineer day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The Manufacturing Engineer develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential functions/duties satisfactorily. Other duties/functions may be added or assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Works with the manufacturing staff, as required, developing process engineering documentation, systems and auditing procedures. Areas of expertise include: Applicable materials & equipment knowledge.
- Performs manufacturing performance analysis to reduce processing costs through creative engineering and proactive procedures.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Design and develop new products and product mock-ups alongside the creative team
- Devise new solutions to existing manufacturing problems
- Develop standardized design criteria across all product lines
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required, in addition to four to six years related experience and/or training. Continuing education as required staying abreast of new developments area of expertise.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, MRP/ERP. Proficient in Microsoft Project software. Skilled in 3D modeling software; Solidworks a plus. Knowledge in Lean/6-sigma problem solving. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under minimal supervision.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Shelton, CT.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.