Lighthouse Professional Services is a 50-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Material Operator to work for a client in Wallingford on a 6-month temp to hire role.
We have a client looking for Material Operators.Night Swing shift 7pm-7am.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
Mechanical – Being aware of the basic mechanics involved with all the systems and equipment used in the plant/facility
Chemical – Knowledge of basic chemistry and its production application.
Mechanical Aptitude – The ability to adeptly utilize the equipment. This includes forklifts, valves, vacuum systems, cooling/heating systems, pumps and various other items and systems
Trainability – This skill demonstrated by how quickly and thoroughly procedures and equipment are learned
Physical Skill – to be able to correctly lift/move heavy objects utilizing all the best ergonomic techniques
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow procedures for all product packaging
- Maintain organization of raw material and supply inventories
- Unload incoming raw material bulk shipments
- Move products and raw materials between production and warehousing areas
- Maintain communication with other plant personnel in regard to their job progress
- Maintain organization and neatness of plant yard
- In accordance with production schedule, supply heating shed with appropriate raw materials
Monitor and handle hazardous waste containers in accordance with procedures
- Assist in manufacturing procedures
Must successfully complete appropriate D.O.T. Hazmat training
- Participates in emergency response as defined in the program and training capability
- Must successfully complete RCRA training according to job function and the regulations
- Follows emergency response procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must remain clean shaven and be capable of wearing SCBA and other types of respirators
High School diploma or equivalency
Must be able to read and write English
Good math aptitude
Ability to read and follow manufacturing procedures
Duration: 6-month temp to hire.
Shift: This is a temp to perm position. Shift is from 7 PM – 7 AM 3 days on 2 off.
Location: Wallingford, CT.
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!