Wallingford, United States
26 days ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Materials Manager in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Materials Manager your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The Senior Materials Manager is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of Simple Plex supply purchasing and policies, maintaining inventory accuracy’ and keeping the organization’s raw materials, products, systems and documentation synchronized. This position will manage inventory flow from receiving, production, Fulfillment, and through Shipping to meet all related business objectives. The Senior Materials Manager will lead strategic initiatives to improve supplier service levels and strengthen the supply base and support long term business growth. Additionally, this position plays a vital role maintaining the comprehension and utilization of documentation and ERP systems. This position must have great flexibility with the ability to support/lead multiple efforts including critical path timeline related to projects as assigned. Responsible to develop and drive departmental metrics to support business strategies.
- Participates in the development and implementation as well as the monitoring of all department policies, procedures, technical guidelines, and quality assurance standards. Ensures quality performance, customer satisfaction and adherence to the requirements of regulatory agencies.
- Drive continuous improvement projects and initiatives to improve performance in overall total supply costs, service level and quality.
- Develop sourcing strategies for new and existing products. Prepare requests for quotation, evaluate suppliers, and negotiate supply agreements as appropriate.
- Develop and lead a robust supplier management program to monitor supplier performance in the areas of quality, service, and total cost.
- Proactively manage the supply base to reduce risks and ensure continued supply of components to meet requirements.
- Manage the development of new products to ensure appropriate and timely release, supplier establishment and inventory systems to support timely launches.
- Review accounting provided metrics to measure performance in key procurement areas and resolve issues or concerns. And establish and monitor departmental budget.
- Provide effective leadership of direct reports to optimize value by communicating a clear vision, creating objectives that are aligned with company strategic initiatives and business.
- Manage, coach, counsel, appraise, communicate job expectations for all direct reports, recommend compensation, keep motivated and on-task.
- Ensures backup for all positions within the group to maintain full coverage within business hours.
- Coordinates and oversees all warehouse and materials processing functions.
- Maintain the warehouse as a clean and organized work area along with ensuring equipment is in good working condition.
- Maintains inventory by cycle count and reconciliation activities to include physical inventory activities including adherence to internal controls supporting Sarbanes-Oxley and GAP compliance.
- Drive and participate in improvements to inventory, including but not limited to slow moving inventory resolution, inventory storage, transactional activity, etc.
- Investigate and correct inventory discrepancies, including root cause, corrective and preventive actions for long term resolution.
- Executes NCMR’s for all non-conforming material driven by ECO’s, Expiry Reports, and MRB, to include physical movement and related transactions.
- Provide guidance and advice on methods, procedures, standardization, and requirements for systems that impact inventory flow and transactions.
- Follow company policies and practices as outlined in the Handbook, SOPs, as well as follows guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the safety program and in accordance with the job function.
- Maintain a safe and functional working area ensuring proper safety procedures are adhered to by all personnel working in the warehouse area.
- Other duties as required by Management.
Education and Experience:
- 7-10 years Procurement/Purchasing experience, with at least 3 years in a strategic leadership role, bio-technology experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering, business, finance, or related field.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Expert knowledge of market including supplier base, general industry information and cost drivers.
- Strong knowledge of good purchasing practices, supply chain management and contract law as it applies to the procurement process.
- Must be detail focused with an ability to drive or influence suppliers and projects with minimal oversight yet work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proven presentation skills and project management experience.
- Previous participation in establishing and maintaining supplier management programs.
- Experience in LEAN and other Continuous Improvement initiatives preferred.
- Proven experience working with cross-functional teams within and outside of supply chain departments which have included: warehouse, planning, production, sales, R&D, Engineering, and Finance.
- Anticipate traveling 5-15%
- Proven background in driving cultural change and improving processes.
- Excellent communications skills (public speaking, individual negotiations, correspondence)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems required.
- Strong problem solving and collaboration skills.
- Duration: Direct hire
- Location: Wallingford, CT.
- Salary: depending on experience
- Benefits: yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.