Wallingford Center, United States
about 2 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a 2 Material Operators to work for a client in Wallingford on a 6-month temp to hire role. We have 2 open roles a night shift and a day shift opening.
This position is filling barrels and is the first step in the training to become a Chemical Batching Operator. You would move up levels and work on more complex chemical machines. As you learn more machines you get paid more.
Day shift is 7am - 7pm and works 3 days on 2 off
Night Shift is 7pm – 7am
Position Summary and Special Duties:
Mechanical – Being aware of the basic mechanics involved with all the systems and equipment used in the plant/facility
Chemical – Knowledge of basic chemistry and its production application.
Mechanical Aptitude – The ability to adeptly utilize the equipment. This includes forklifts, valves, vacuum systems, cooling/heating systems, pumps and various other items and systems
Trainability – This skill demonstrated by how quickly and thoroughly procedures and equipment are learned
Physical Skill – to be able to correctly lift/move heavy objects utilizing all the best ergonomic techniques
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow procedures for all product packaging
- Maintain organization of raw material and supply inventories
- Unload incoming raw material bulk shipments
- Move products and raw materials between production and warehousing areas
- Maintain communication with other plant personnel in regard to their job progress
- Maintain organization and neatness of plant yard
- In accordance with production schedule, supply heating shed with appropriate raw materials
- Monitor and handle hazardous waste containers in accordance with procedures
- Assist in manufacturing procedures
- Must successfully complete appropriate D.O.T. Hazmat training
- Participates in emergency response as defined in the program and training capability
- Must successfully complete RCRA training according to job function and the regulations
- Follows emergency response procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must remain clean shaven and be capable of wearing SCBA and other types of respirators
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Must be able to read and write English
- Good math aptitude
- Ability to read and follow manufacturing procedures
Duration: 6-month temp to hire. This is a temp to perm position and will go permanent. You can pick up benefits from us too.
Shift: Day shift 7am -7pm Day shift 3 days on 2 days off.
Night shift 7pm – 7am
Training: OSHA Training is conducted your first week of work on day shift. For the training you will get paid day shift rate.
Location: Wallingford, CT.
Salary: Hourly pay is $19.64hr.
Screening- full physical 10 tests performed, background check and drug test.
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!