Shelton, United States
over 2 years ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer in Hopkinton, MA.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Mechanical Design Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: We are seeking a temporary and well-versed mechanical engineering professional who will work in a cross functional team environment of engineering, scientific, and manufacturing disciplines.
- The candidate will aid the manufacturing transfer of a new product in line of in vivo imaging systems.
- Responsible for the complete concept, design, development, analysis and documentation of mechanical devices and/or systems with mechanical parts for new and existing products.
- Conducts product testing and creates models and prototypes.
- Investigates problems with machinery and suggests and implements solutions.
- The candidate will be required to collaborate with other hardware engineers to release new designs and develop test fixtures.
- Revise mechanical drawings with the guidance of design engineers
- Release and track drawings and supporting material in a document control system
- Structure Bills of Materials in a document control systemExecute and track engineering change orders as necessary
- Develop (design, build, test) and document simple electromechanical test fixtures.
- Reverse engineer, document, and revise existing test fixtures
- Aid in verification testing as necessary
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including R&D, quality, field service, sourcing, and manufacturing
- Requires a BS degree in mechanical engineering or similar with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Proficient with SolidWorks or similar CAD software (modeling, drawing, and assembly)
- Experience with the design and evaluation of mechanical and electrical components and systems
- Proven experience with machine components (motors, cables, sheet metal, machined parts, etc.)
- Extensive experience with change order processes and document control systems (e.g. Agile)
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and document project status while adhering to established communication & tracking methods in Excel
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
- Experience with in vivo imaging or similar life science instruments
- Cable design and routing experience
- Firmware and GUI experience
- Duration: 5 month contract
- Location: Hopkinton, MA
- Salary: $40-50hr.
- Benefits: We have benefits you can pick up.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.