Lowell, United States
about 1 year ago
A Mechanical Designer is responsible for developing or specifying all aspects of the mechanical hardware design. The Mechanical Designer is also responsible for basic project management, supporting and documenting certain setups, production of bills of materials and developing processes and procedures required to enable the design, manufacture, assembly, qualification, and manufacturing testing.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Designs mechanical and electro-mechanical products and systems by developing and testing specifications and methods.
• Evaluates mechanical and electro-mechanical systems by studying customer requirements and developing products that will meet the objectives of the company and the customer.
• Provides technical support and aiding manufacturing when necessary to facilitate optimal quality in form fit and function related to the design and mechanical fit.
• Ability to write effectively, update specifications, communicate internally and externally with customers in an effective manner.
• Estimating budgets and time scopes for each project used in the estimation for labor and tooling.
• Supports the design and product development through the creation of mechanical models, drawings and specifications used for work instructions, identifies proper hardware, adhesives, performs design rule checks for part fit, clearance and manufacturability. Labels all product documentation properly and supports accepted design guidelines and customer specifications.
• AS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience required.
• Must be a US Citizen (NO H1-B Visa or Green Card Holders)
• Prior Experience with SolidWorks or equivalent.
• Prior Experience with DraftSight or AutoCad or equivalent.
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite including MS Project, Word, Excel, Power Point
• Experience with Defense and/or Commercial Aerospace programs a plus.
• Support RCTA and DOD qualification testing.
• Strong knowledge of Engineering Processes i.e. DFMA, FMEA, RCCA