Trumbull, United States
about 2 years ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Molding Machine Technician in Trumbull, CT.
The Molding Machine Technician is a critical member of the production value stream team.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Molding Machine Technician your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
This person provides plastic molding technical services to the Value Stream to help achieve the overall manufacturing goal of consistently producing quality, low cost products which meet or exceed customer expectations by: Addressing major production problems. It is important that the Molding Machine Technician is capable of maintaining a proper balance between scrap and keeping the machine running.
- Partner with the Value Stream Team to ensure that performance meets or exceed budgeted performance (i.e. customer service, scrap/material variances).
- Maintain the cell; troubleshoot technical issues with the molding process and the automation around the cell.
- The ability to perform mold changeovers.
- Identify and resolve chronic and major production issues that are affecting department performance especially when resolutions of such issues require technical solutions.
- Provide technical support to the supply base to ensure continuous and cost effective supply of quality product components.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
- Accomplishments against specific goals (Parts produced. scrap, build plan compliance)
- Overall department performance vs. budget (i.e. scrap, labor performance)
- Cost improvement and profitability contribution
- Ability to manage multiple cells
- Ability to identify and resolve production problems
- Ability to achieve consensus and support for technical programs
- 5 years experience in a plastic molding manufacturing environment. Capable of troubleshooting the complete molding cell by adjusting the machines process parameters and repairing the automation around the cell to help produce a quality part.
- Capable of performing mold changeovers and PM tasks.
- A proven track record of cost reduction and work simplification
- Able to communicate and coordinate good ideas through to implementation
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and written
- Understanding of lean tools
- In-depth understanding of equipment, mechanics and application related to value streams
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the documentation.
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Trumbull, CT.
- Salary: $18hr.
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.