Trumbull, United States
2 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Plant Manager in Trumbull, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a Plant Manager your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Plan, coordinate, control and direct manufacturing, material control, product assembly and manufacturing engineer to ensure continuous flow of production to meet customer needs.? Establish job priorities to determine order urgency and parts availability.? Analyze and implement improved methods and procedures for increasing productivity.? Review and recommend product design changes to reduce manufacturing costs and improve product quality while maintaining established budgets. Evaluate current factory performance and identify, propose, and execute cost improvement initiatives. Full site P&L responsibility.
- Manage value stream activities in accordance with established production schedules, product quality standards and company profit objectives.
- Ensure schedules are maintained along with evaluating and disposing of rejected material.? Check scrap problems, determine cause and work closely with QC to implement controls necessary to maintain high quality within planned production costs.
- Maintain Safety Stock, planning out assembly hours, equipment, material resources required for daily sales needs with Team Leaders.? Ensure effective utilization by requesting additional personnel or overtime hours as required.
- Monitor flow of work, investigate unusual delays, interface with team leaders, engineering, quality control, manufacturing or sales department personnel to resolve problems and to ensure that production schedules and work quality standards are in line with customer expectations.
- Work closely with materials team and suppliers to review supply needs and/or material problems.? Recommend acquisition of new or replacement equipment and major tools to improve business performance.
- Maintain and update assembly prints and procedures as required.? Receive and sign off on engineering change notices.
- Respond to customer complaints/input and act as a resource to Sales & Marketing Departments.
- Manage cost reduction programs and establish policies and programs that foster communication, team building and motivate all employees.
- Keep Director of Operations informed of unusual operating conditions.? Submit a variety of reports relating to manufacturing activities.? Prepare and submit operating budgets for approval.
- Comply with GMP, ISO and OSHA regulations.
- Manage the cost improvement programs.
- Accomplishments against specific goals (on time, on budget, as specified)
- Overall plant performance vs. budget (i.e., scrap, labor performance, utilization)
- Cost improvement and profitability contribution
- Ability to manage multiple commitments and competing priorities
- Ability to identify and resolve production problems
- Ability to achieve consensus and support for technical programs
- Business or Engineering degree required with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in manufacturing environment that is both labor and machine intensive.
- Master’s degree in business preferred.
- 3+ year of site management responsibility including P&L ownership.
- Experience in engineering project management.
- A proven track record of cost reduction and work simplification
- Creative individual who is able to communicate and coordinate good ideas through to implementation
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and written
- Six Sigma Green Belt or higher
- Solid understanding of lean tools
- In-depth understanding of equipment, mechanics and application related to value streams
- Familiarity with Microsoft Software such as Excel, Microsoft Word, Power Point, etc.
- Thorough understanding of medical device manufacturing, especially as it relates to FDA (GMP) manufacturing requirements
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of documentation and MRP system
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Trumbull, CT.
Salary: Open depending on experience
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.