Menlo Park, United States
12 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates, and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Process Engineer in Menlo Park, CA.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
This position requires the incumbent to oversee all engineering aspects of tube/wire manufacturing and development as assigned. This includes development of new products, sustainment of existing products, problem solving and troubleshooting, improvement initiatives and projects, and validation of equipment and processes. The Process Engineer will act as a technical resource to all functional departments to optimize operations and resolve issues while enabling safe, and efficient production of quality products.
- Lead new tube/wire development projects through coordination with Production to perform manufacturing process design, BOM planning, and inspection plans to meet customer requirements while complying with the Memry Quality system
- Coordinate with Logistics, Production, Engineering, and Quality departments to deliver development projects/orders to customers on time.
- Regularly work and constructively communicate with operators and other departments to accurately detail product requirements, provide technical support to troubleshoot problems, and implement continuous improvement efforts.
- Work hands on to design, build, improve, fully document, and qualify/validate manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Develop understanding of key factors in Nitinol tube production (e.g., mechanical properties, dimensional control, etc.) to become a subject matter expert.
- Lead continuous improvement projects for optimizing Throughput, Quality, On-time Delivery, and Safety through application of Lean Principles.
- Serve as a leader and mentor to foster a culture of best Engineering and Safety practices
- Identify potential process improvements and effectively present findings/proposals to Management.
- Generate documentation including creation of work instructions, Engineering studies and reports.
- Create Engineering Change Orders and lead the implementation process.
- Assist/Lead customer discussions in coordination with Sales as required.
- Apply statistical methods such as Design of Experiments, SPC, Capability Studies, etc.
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices as an evident part of all work and development.
- BS or MS in Engineering with a minimum (1) year related experience, capable of working in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Must be proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Duration: Direct Hire Permanent
- Location: Menlo Park CA.
- Salary: depending on experience
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org