Wallingford, United States
about 1 month ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Production Engineer in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a Production Engineer your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Major Accountabilities (list KEY activities, expected results and the ways results are measured)
- Ensure safe operation of all production processes. Ensure employees are working safely at all times.
- Support and comply with all requirements of ISO/QMS and SHE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM.
- Communicate production priorities to group leaders and operators. Assign daily tasks as needed.
- Administrative duties tasks such as employee time entry system, overtime assignment as necessary, shift reports, batch reports, maintenance work orders, incident reports, etc.
- Coordinate employee training activities and ensure all training requirements are met. Validate employee competencies
- Develop and enhance group leader skills
- Prioritize workloads requirements to meet production supply plan demands
- Sign safety work permits Interacts with maintenance and the lab to rectify and address problems
- Troubleshoot problems in the production area in Operations as necessary
- Administer discipline as necessary
- Make timely and appropriate notifications in such cases as of spills, injuries, late deliveries, etc.
- Receive instructions for production manager
- Education (describe level of education for this position indicating if it is Required or Preferred (e.g. Bachelor’s, Master’s Degree, Ph.D., Law)
- High school diploma required, two years of college coursework – Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Experience (type and length of experience)
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is desirable. Experience in a union environment is a plus.
- Specific skills (skills and knowledge necessary to meet the objectives of the position)
- Must be a decision-maker, a good planner and able to deal work effectively with people resources at all levels of the organization. Must be a quick learner.
- Problem solving (list significant job challenges requiring problem solving skills)
- Good problem solving skills.
- Occasional lifting up to 55 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a climate controlled, office environment as well as non climate controlled environments.
- Vision must be good or corrected to normal to perform normal job duties.
- Hearing must be good to have the ability to understand information to perform job duties.
- Ability to read and write in English in order to process paperwork and follow up on any actions necessary.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity needed for keyboarding and other repetitive tasks.
- Able to climb stairs multiple times a day.
- Two to five years; supervision and manufacturing experience preferred.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Wallingford, CT
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.