US$70000 - US$120000 per year
over 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Accounting & Finance and Clerical.
We are currently seeking a Jr. & Sr. Project Engineer to work for a client in Bloomfield, CT. Our client is looking for two levels of Project Engineers. Someone who comes with Design, Development, Analysis, Testing, and Customer Interaction.
A Senior Project Engineer is responsible for implementing engineering projects across the company. As an individual contributor, the incumbent will work directly with customers to understand project specifications and work with various engineering teams to see the project through to completion. Project work will include application development of various advanced concepts for customer demonstration and internal development of innovative solutions that improve engine emissions and CO2.
General duties and responsibilities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice to meet current business demands.
- Project leader of cross-functional team including design & analysis engineering, procurement, prototyping, manufacturing & operations, test lab, finance, and marketing
- Coordinate activities required to meet Accelerated Product Development gated processes (Brainstorming, Design Reviews, FMEAs, Development Validation Plan & Report, Testing)
- Determines best techniques/procedures and applies them to design, analysis or experimentation in support of the vision and direction for New Technology team
- Develop and maintain project coordinated schedule
- Facilitate project internal and external communications
- Interface with customer to obtain product technical requirements and data (product design specifications, CAD model, GT Power model, turbo maps, etc.)
- Plan, coordinate, and execute engine laboratory tests and analyses (design of experiments, engine dynamometer, endurance, fatigue, and rig testing)
- Responsible for reviewing all drawings, analysis, and testing results
- On-time delivery of critical path items for projects i.e. Cost reduction, supplier changes and development projects
- Timely support of resolution and implementation of permanent corrective action for quality issues
- Adhere to Engineering Standards
- Adhere to Design Change processes
- Coach, guide and mentor less experienced engineers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skills in project management and coordinating complex projects
- Familiar with Six Sigma tools, Kaizen (continuous improvement), Lean, mistake-proofing, statistical process control, FMEA, and problem-solving processes
- Mastery knowledge of testing, validation, and manufacturing practices
- Experience in conducting Design of Experiments and Design for Six Sigma projects
- Technical drawing interpretation and report writing
- Understanding of internal combustion engines
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency to meet project objectives
- Results oriented demeanor with use of problem-solving techniques
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering required or Electrical Engineer with extensive mechanical experience
- Master's in Mechanical Engineering Preferred
- Automotive industry experience highly preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in similar role or within Product Development
Location: Bloomfield, CT.
Salary: flexible up to 120K
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.