Job Functions & Responsibilities
• Works with great independence under supervision, in accordance with the Project Management procedure guidelines, to ensure that all projects meet all design, code and licensing requirements, and operating and maintenance intents.
• Performs all PM activities relating to managing engineering, design, procurement and construction and closeout of the projects
• Reviews the work of Engineering and ensure work is carried out in accordance with technical requirements, cost and schedules; designs and specifications are reviewed so that they meet the Authority’s technical requirements; all deliverables adhere to the acceptance standards established by the Authority.
• Reviews designs for constructability and form a future operations and maintenance standpoint.
• Assembles RFQ package for SSM to go for public bidding. Assists during Contract procurement.
• Evaluates bid proposals and prepare recommendation for contract award, including Trustee approval.
• Coordinates and reconciles review comments from team members within the Authority in order to meet the timely project schedule and budget during all phases of the projects.
• Provides support to field construction personnel at job sites in order to expedite solutions and monitor status of project in specific area or responsibility.
• Administrates Contract during construction and close-out
• Performs cost studies and cost-benefit analyses to ensure that the project activities are performed in the most cost-effective manner in order to remain within budgetary and regulatory guidelines.
• Generates and maintain/monitor construction schedules.
• Highly Motivated, self-directed and the ability to work independently
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office Suite
• Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, IBM Maximo, and SAP
• Ability to prioritize, manage time well, multitask, troubleshoot, and be accurate.
• Ability to work as a team member, maintaining day to day activities while being responsive to changing priorities
• Ability to communicate and interface with contractors, third parties and diverse audiences at all levels of the Authority and outside the Authority
• Excellent writing, verbal and written communication skills
• General technical understanding of electrical, mechanical, and civil/structural construction practice
• Project Management Experience
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Strong negotiating skills.
Education & Certifications
BA/BS with five or more years of construction and/or engineering experience
Minimum of 3 year of project management experience
Ability to learn, understand, and identify plant equipment
Position requires physical activity, lifting 30-50# (drawings, file boxes, field samples) approximately 30% of time
60-70% of time is desk/computer work and 30% will have periodic field visits to project site, contractor’s yards or fabrication shops.
Ability to work on the go and traverse the plant environment is required.