Chelmsford, United States
about 1 year ago
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the successful execution of product development projects. This position plans, coordinates and leads the execution of activities to ensure that the goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within the prescribed timeframe and funding parameters. Must have an engineering background in order to manage and contribute to the development of new products. The projects that will be managed include a mix of new product development, product line extensions, and sustaining engineering releases.
- Lead the execution of assigned product development programs in accordance with established processes and procedures.
- Lead and motivate cross-functional team performance toward the goal of completing projects according to the defined objectives.
- Ability to balance electrical, mechanical, and software development issues at the system level. Must have the ability to implement projects outside technical area of expertise.
- Develop detailed project work plans and schedules.
- Manage product requirements and traceability.
- Lead design review and risk management activities.
- Knowledge of global standards and regulations for Design Controls, Risk Management, and Electrical Safety for Medical Devices.
- Demonstrated understanding of electrical, mechanical, and software engineering practices at the system level.
- Experience working within a phase-gate development process
Required/ Preferred Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Engineering (Advanced degree preferred) PMP certification desired
- 5+ years managing technical product development. Experience with medical device capital equipment development required.
- 10+ years of experience as an engineer developing products, preferably in the medical device industry.