Enfield, United States
5 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager – Engineer in Enfield, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Project Manager – Engineer your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: This position is to initiate, manage and oversee all projects and take actively part in existing teams. Lead, develop, initiate and/or maintain projects that support all related projects in our highly automated and state of the art manufacturing processes and equipment (i.e., injection molding & automation)., to be part of the continuous improvement projects and development / integration of new technologies. Candidate has preferably with experience in the injection molding industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project Manager- Engineering
- Project Management as to lead, develop, initiate and/or maintain projects that support all injection molding related projects.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing automation, methods, and assembly systems.
- Learn and be able to handle all auxiliary and digitalization systems including Hydra ERP.
- Support Technicians in finding problems and resolving those findings.
- Support the production team on the floor for best practices in collaboration with the other departments.
- Maintains reliable and safe manufacturing/assembly systems for best results of efficiencies, yields, costs, and downtimes.
- Analyzes, plans, and improves space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum manufacturing efficiency and safety.
- Develops innovative solutions that benefit production efficiency, quality output and reduces production cost.
- If needed performs process analyses (sequence and content of assembly steps, time studies, material flow analysis) and develops to-be assembly concepts.
- Improves process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Confers with other teams and specialists within the group, also with our team in the plant to ensure continuity of processes and technological processes.
- Confers with management, technical staff, quality, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Participate in the Company’s Lean/Continuous Improvement activities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Engineering from a four-year college or university, and three to five years of directly related Project Management experience and/or training preferable in the Plastics/Injection molding industry. Experience in automation and/or injection molding operations is preferable, knowledgeable in Industry 4.0, digitalization, and process support systems i.e., ERP, MES. Must be familiar with ISO 9000, Lean Manufacturing, Solidworks knowledge. Familiarity with customary dimensioning and tolerancing standards & G, D & T training is preferred.
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Enfield, CT
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.