Cambridge, United States
10 months ago
Experience with prototype machining is required. Experience in machining for an engineering, scientific, or research and development environment would be a plus, although not absolutely required for consideration.
Experience with most or all of the following:
- Program in Mastercam, Version X-7, to create CNC programs and files for range of milling operations
- Machine parts to specification working from CAD files (Solidworks) or blueprints
- Ability to work independently on complex parts.
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to do CNC vertical milling
- Knowledge of wide variety of materials and trade math, such as trigonometry and ability to solve compound angles
- Ability to calculate feeds and speeds
- Ability to make special tools, dies, jigs, and fixtures as necessary
- Can work to tolerance of +/- .005 and on infrequent occasions, +/-.0001
- Review design for machinability, ease of assembly and materials compatibility; may recommend mods to achieve design that best satisfies technical, cost and schedule requirements.
- Manual vertical milling
- NC vertical milling with Prototrak NC controls -2 and 3 axis
- Lathe with digital readout
- Ability to single point thread on a lathe
- Lathe with Prototrak NC control is a plus