East Hartford, United States
over 1 year ago
The Purchasing Manager plans, directs, and supervises the procurement of all product and non-product goods and services. Product includes materials (raw material and purchased parts) and outside processes (OV) including special processes (heat treatment, coatings, testing) and subcontract machining. Non-product includes tooling, supplies, equipment and facilities maintenance services, and other services. The Purchasing Manager leads a team of buyers and oversees the company’s supply chain.
- This role ensures all items are purchased as per accepted company standards, procedures and policies.
- The position will lead the team in analyzing material demand requirements to determine if material is required to be sourced and/or rescheduled in order manage inventory and cost.
- The Purchasing Manager maintains supplier KPI’s with regards to quality, on-time delivery, and cost.
- They study market trends, identify vendors, recommend sources of supply, and negotiate orders and agreements.
- Responsible for identifying, establishing and managing team goals and objectives with primary focus on inventory control, cost management, material support and supplier performance.
- Oversee the purchase requisition and purchase order approval processes.
- Negotiate and direct development of purchase orders, supply agreements, and competitive bids.
- Annual standard setting on purchased parts
- Develop and implement strategies for negotiations of price reductions, terms, and conditions.
- Analyze material requirements through forecasts and initiate purchasing activity based on current needs analysis.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of “Supplier Scorecards” to measure performance and partner with Manufacturing and Quality Assurance to evaluate performance.
- Facilitate activities between supplier and internal customers in communicating requests and resolving problems such as design issues, changes in specifications, and/or non-compliance in both product quality & documentation.
- Assist in resolving problems with products or services; discuss defective or unacceptable goods/services with users, suppliers or inspection/quality control to determine source trouble/problem and appropriate root cause and corrective action.
- 8+ years of experience in managing and leading large teams, preferably within a manufacturing environment; ability to think strategically
- Travel 10-20%
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Experience with ERP systems; Epicor preferred
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in all MS-Office applications; Excel required