Danbury, United States
4 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Quality Control Chemist in Danbury, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
An exciting role as a Quality Control Chemist in our QC Lab located in Danbury, Connecticut – Production Facility. This function is responsible for conducting routine and non-routine analysis of raw materials and final products.
Skills and Experience:
- Performs highly complex laboratory data acquisition, manipulation and analysis.
- Compile’s data and computes results, ensuring quality control and compliance with protocol.
- Prepares standard solutions and reagents for analytical procedures.
- Makes suggestions for improvements in techniques and interpretation, as appropriate.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment. Use of complex and/or specialized statistical and scientific computer programs.
- Complies with all BRI environmental, and safety policies and procedures.
- Practice’s safety and environmental control methods.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- A Bachelors from an accredited four-year college or university in Chemistry or a related field.
- Ability to perform GC analysis and interpretation, titrations, specific gravity, determination of refractive index, and sensory evaluation of raw materials and final products.
- Duration: 7-month contract
- Location: Danbury, CT.
- Salary: Depending on experience
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!