Quality Assurance Manager
Essential Job Functions:
- Directly manages up to 10 non-exempt employees in the Quality department. Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include directing, interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees: addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Responsible for creating and implementing quality programs, SOP's and guidelines for the plant.
- Directs the Quality Supervisor in the testing of products for a variety of qualities such as microbiological, physical and chemical characteristics.
- Reviews and audits sanitation and operational practices and procedures.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Recommends modification of existing quality or productions standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Conducts Quality GMP training's
- Implements written specifications on raw materials, in process and finished goods.
- Handles all co-packer quality related issues
- Assist with capability studies on machine or existing processes
- Directs all responses to customer complaints to consumer affairs group.
- Oversees computer activities: File maintenance, reports and system requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining a superior rated level of GMP's and sanitation, and be ready for regulatory/customer inspections at any time.
- Maintains the maintenance and validations of the plant's HACCP program
- Maintains compliance and certification to SQF GFSI food & safety standard
- Reviews all organic and Kosher guidelines and certification process.
- Develops and oversees experiments and plant tests
Knowledge & Skills:
- Computer proficiency
- SPC and HACCP experience desirable
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution determinations of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis
- Effective utilizing software programs such as Microsoft Excel and Word, ERP system and other statistical of database programs available.
Educations & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science or related field required
- 3 years of quality exp or equivalent combination education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years in food manufacturing required
- 3 years supervisory experience