Bethel, United States
over 1 year ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer in Watsonville, CA. Our client is a manufacturer of refractory metal thermal management materials and dispenser cathodes used in a multitude of devices including klystrons, TWTs, X-ray devices and flash lamps. The company is in two buildings in Watsonville, CA is growing!
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Quality Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: This individual will plan, promote and ensure adherence to quality standards starting from the customer’s quality assurance provisions.
- Manage the Quality Control Group
- Promote and ensure adherence to Quality standards
- Review, create and/or update as necessary the Quality Management System (QMS), including review of policies, procedures and work instructions relating to cathode and thermal management manufacturing and overall QMS flow
- Provide QA support when needed to the sales personnel.
- Provide Quality training and maintain training records
- Provide Quality reporting to local management team
- Create, track and disposition quality controls – RMA’s, non-conformances, supplier deviations
- Audit processes in accordance with QMS
- Provide customers with quality documentation, as required by contract and personal contact to the company
- Develop appropriate statistical controls, where applicable in the company
- Work closely with the engineering staff to ensure quality throughout the process and product.
- Maintain calibration system and records.
- Develop and initiate visual and mechanical controls suitable for the products
- Conduct supplier audits
- Determine appropriate measurement equipment and training suitable for product lines.
- BS in engineering or quality discipline preferred; experience may be substituted
- Quality Management Systems
- Quality control and Quality Assurance in a manufacturing (non-software) environment
- ERP/MRP (Visual Manufacturing preferred)
- QAP review and analysis
- Statistical analysis and presentation
- QMS development (documentation and auditing)
- Fluent in English; Spanish a bonus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general documents related to manufacturing processes.
- Statistical analysis skills consistent with SPC / manufacturing control
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Location: Watsonville, CA
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.