about 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer in East Hartford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a Quality Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
This role will model the way for Quality Engineering department. With a focus on customer quality, this role will be personally involved to ensure the highest levels of quality is delivered to our customer. Additionally, they will shape the systems and processes that create sustainable solutions for product quality and data integrity of historical issues/trends. The ideal candidate will have a toolkit of industry best practices from experience, and the ambition to drive change and results.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Develop best practices for quality department to manage customers returns/ complaints, internal non-conformances, and supplier escapes.
- Author procedures, train organization and maintain proper document control techniques.
- Manage and organize historical data from non-conforming parts, customer returns, vendor escapes and internal turnback’s. Leverage manufacturing software (EPICOR) to manage data, publish metrics, predict trends, and remove systemic issues.
- Lead Quality Clinic / Material Review Board (MRB) activities.
- Conduct analysis of internal and external nonconforming parts, and drive root cause and corrective actions using problem solving tools.
- Represent Horst on customer emails/calls, and present findings via written reports, presentations, or portal uploads.
- Ensure compliance to industry and customer requirements through engineering and contract reviews, as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Share and train knowledge to Jr. QE and DQRs
- Support and participate in all audits – industry, customer and internal.
- Degree in engineering/technical discipline or 5-year progressive career in quality/inspection.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an engineering level role or equivalent.
- Experience ensuring product is compliant with customer and industry specifications, with expert knowledge of reading and interpreting technical information such as contracts, engineering drawings, operation sheets, special process methods, test procedures, procurement documents, quality manuals, and other data pertaining to aerospace components.
- High comfort with aerospace regulations governed by AS9100, with preference for customer requirements derived from ASQR-01 and GE S1000
- Adept at identify process gaps, removing systematic issues, and building new processes leverage enterprise systems, data, and metrics.
- High tendency for robust document control methods, and willingness to build procedures and training aids to help the company learn and improve.
- Strong knowledge of quality engineering tools and techniques for problem solving, data analysis, and procedures such as 5 Why’s, 8D, DMIAC, DIVE, PDCA, fault tree, fishbone, etc.
- Ability to validate inspections, interpret GD&T blueprints.
- Experience with enterprise manufacturing systems required, EPCIOR a plus.
- Advance knowledge Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to write professional reports and technical documents.
Duration: Direct hire
Location: East Hartford, CT
Salary: open depending on experience
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references