For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Quality Inspector/CMM Programmer in Holyoke, MA. Our client designs and creates products for a variety of industries, including medical, aerospace, energy, and automotive. The products can be encountered in many everyday applications, such as driving a car, flying in an airplane, using electronics, or shopping at a grocery store.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Quality Inspector/CMM Programmer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: The Quality Inspector/CMM Programmer is a team member who is authorized, responsible and accountable for maintaining quality standards by means of performing and documenting visual and dimensional inspections of manufactured product using suitable measurement and inspection equipment.
Responsibilities of Quality Inspector/CMM Programmer:
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of quality assurance practices to develop, maintain and improve overall quality system processes.
- Plans, performs and documents receiving, in-process, final and first article inspections to customer designs, specifications and contractual requirements at various stages of manufacturing and assembly process.
- Performs visual and dimensional measurements utilizing measurement and inspection equipment for product acceptance that includes, and not limited to: Hand-held or fixture-held equipment including calipers (analog, digital, Vernier), micrometers, scales, height gages, ring gages, pin gages and plug gages.
Computer / software assisted: coordinate measuring machine, articulating arm, vision measuring machine and temperature and humidity recorder.
- Accurately records inspection and measurement result and completes all required documentation.
- Performs review of inspection and measurement results for compliance and takes appropriate actions when a discrepancy is identified.
- Ensures measurement and inspection equipment integrity by means of correct usage, safe handling, proper storage and reporting of compromised equipment.
- Interfaces directly with customers, suppliers and company stakeholders to ensure requirements are being met and issue resolved when needed.
- Performs additional tasks and responsibilities at the discretion of the Quality Manager or Director of Quality. Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Working knowledge and experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing principals, inspection methodologies and inspection measurement equipment. Coordinate measuring machine inspection and programming preferred.
- Detail orientated, strong analytical skills and ability to organize, prioritize, and plan work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to create and effectively implement positive solutions to resolve daily challenges and complex problems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Proficient verbal and listening abilities with a diverse work team, customers and coworkers.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information, respond and follow-up on questions and inquiries from clients, other managers and subordinates. Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Duration: Permanent
- Location: Holyoke, MA
- Salary: 25-28hr.
- Benefits: Yes
- Shift: 1st
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.