Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Accounting & Finance and Clerical.
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Quality Manager with aerospace background to work for one of our clients in Lynn, MA on a direct hire basis.
Manages the quality department/functions of the company to ensure effective inspection, documentation, and development of quality processes to manufacture top quality product (consistent with established standards, customers specifications and production goals).
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for developing inspection processes and streamlining inspection throughout.
- Responsible for interpreting customer/industry drawings, specifications, and requirements along with developing inspections systems/metrology to satisfy requirements.
- Manages all quality function employees
- Provide final judgment on quality issues.
- Responsible for effective quality processes including procedures, documentation systems, tools, metrics and measurable improvements that are required to meet quality system standards.
- Provide statistical and technical expertise to the team.
- Provide training to assure awareness and understanding of customer's requirements and acts as the company's main customer quality assurance contact.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Manages quality budget including gages, equipment, certifications, etc.
- Makes recommendations for and implements improvements to quality (i.e. gage technology, systems improvements, etc.
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing, interpreting and reporting inspection metrics.
- Manages the non-conforming product processes.
- Oversees the AS9100 and ISO9001 quality system.
- Quality Technology, Industrial Management, or 7+ years of experience including management/supervision and experience with applying quality processes and procedures in an aerospace manufacturing/precision machining environment.
- Experience with application of AS and ISO quality standards.
- Experience with General Electric, Pratt and Whitney, United Technologies Aerospace Systems a plus.
- Strong information technology skills especially related to digital gaging and other quality systems.
- Ability to create and effectively communicate regulations/standards.
- Ability to manage and execute on multiple, critical projects simultaneously.
- Must possess strong leadership skills.
- Strong ethics to escalate issues in the face of competing company priorities.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen techniques.
- Maintain a strong team environment.
- Vision system and/or CMM experience a plus.
- Direct hire with benefits
- 1st shift
- Salary range up to $80K