Glastonbury, United States
over 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Quality Manager in Glastonbury, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Quality Manager your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
A manufacturer of complex small machined components in the Aerospace and Power Systems industries and has been in business for over fifty years. The qualified candidate will report directly to the Vice President and will be responsible for all aspects of the Quality Management system and process requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical or Engineering discipline preferred
- 5-10 years working in Quality and 3 plus years in a leadership position
- Experience working in Aerospace manufacturing required
- Familiar with layout inspection tools and techniques
- Intimate knowledge of AS9100 and ISO 9001 requirements
- Must read, write, and speak English fluently
- Must have a high sense of urgency and the ability to meet schedule requirements in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Lead and manage all aspects of the Quality Assurance Department, including development and implementation of robust processes
- Hands-on involvement in all aspects of the Quality Assurance and Inspection functions
- Accurately read and interpret blueprints, drawings, specifications, and Customer documents to meet job requirements
- Think and act analytically to achieve effective solutions, with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to solve practical job related problems required
- Provide strong leadership skills to motivate a diverse workforce in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Provide assistance to Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Sub Contracts to ensure organizational compliance to customer contractual and regulatory requirements
- Lead the plant through all audits including internal, vendor, customer, and 3rd party
- Strong problem solving skills and proficient use of common Quality methodologies such as Process Certification, PPAP, Six Sigma, and Root Cause analysis and Corrective Action
- Ability to coach, motivate, and lead a diverse team
- Strong team building skills
- Strong presentation skills
- ITAR and EAR experience is a plus
- Employment type: Full time
- Compensation: Based on experience
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, vacation, 401k
- Duration: Direct hire.
- Location: Glastonbury, CT.
- Salary: open
- Benefits: yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.