Cranbury, United States
4 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a R & D Analytical Lab Manager in Cranbury, NJ.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
- Provide analytical support to projects across the company by performing analytical testing, creating methods, analysis support, training new users and coordinating any outside testing that needs to be accomplished.
- Support the development of new products and resolving customer inquiries.
- Provide insightful analysis reports.
- Compare elemental analysis techniques.
- Participate in projects that support new product development, customer support, etc.
- Familiarity with Stage- Gate principles for new product development.
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of laboratory instrumentation to assure best possible performance and reliability.
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, or other related field. PhD is a plus
- 5 or more years’ experience in the food or nutritional supplements industry is preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in the creation and adaptation of analytical methods
- Demonstrated expertise in usage of High Performance Liquid Chromatography and Ion Chromatography and method development
- Experience with testing compounds according to global standards such as USP and FCC standards
- Good understanding of multiple analytical techniques such as but not limited to FTIR, XRD, TGA, DSC, TOC and related methodologies
- Ability to work independently with a strong preference for a person who is hands-on in the laboratory and focused on achieving results
- Ability to maintain instrumentation and calibration across the entire analytical lab
- Safe lab practices and lab experience is essential
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including very strong report writing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a team environment is critical
- Demonstrated ability to lead others to achieve group goals
- Experience developing/mentoring others; direct management experience preferred
Requires frequent laboratory visits
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com