Research Associate, Mass Spectrometry
6 Month+ Contract
Research Associate or Senior Research Associate with a strong analytical background, particularly with regard to biomolecules (mRNA, DNA, proteins/peptides, glycans, etc). The individual will be part of our Mass Spectrometry group and will focus on developing, optimizing, and running cutting edge LC/MS methods to characterize various biomolecules associated with the production and testing of mRNA therapeutics.
Relationship management with interdepartmental collaborators is a key aspect of this role, as is the ability to multitask while remaining organized. LC and/or mass spec experience is highly preferred. This role will be six months with possibility of extending.
Here’s What You’ll Do
- Carry out routine and non-routine assay/analyses to support companywide analytical needs.
- Analyze data, generate reports, and explain results to internal customers
- Help keep the lab running smoothly: Instrument maintenance, troubleshooting, reagent/parts supply chain, etc.
- Design experiments, implement, and interpret results
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table.
- BS or MS in chemistry, biology, or a related field
- At least two years of laboratory experience
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively, as required
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with an eagerness to work with and support colleagues in other departments
- Organization and attention to detail
- (preferred) Hands-on experience with CE, LC, and/or MS
- (preferred) Programming and/or automation experience
- (preferred) Familiarity with enzyme digestions
- (preferred) Familiarity with solid phase extraction
- (preferred) Experience with method development and optimization
- (preferred) Innovative problem solving