?????Resident Quality Inspector
Project Overview ?
This role will support The New York Power Authority (NYPA) has a Quality Assurance Program that oversees both supplier and onsite contractor activities to ensure that required NYPA technical specifications and required industry codes and standards are being met. . NYPA undertakes large complex projects at the facilities, such as Power Project Life Extension and Modernization (LEM), and this individual purpose is to observe and verify the contractor QA activities and verify their compliance with NYPA approved QA documentation and processes.
??Job Functions & Responsibilities ?
Required to be onsite fulltime and observing critical activities at NYPA's Niagara location.
• Perform quality oversight at the NYPA Operating Facility to assure site contractor compliance with approved drawings, codes, standards, specifications and contract requirements.
• Perform inspections which may include evaluating visual and nondestructive examination of welds to AWS D1.1, ASME III, V and IX requirements, and mechanical inspections.
• Monitor site contractor performance for the Life Extension and Modernization (LEM) and Capital Projects
• Monitor Contractor Welding/Brazing Program.
• Monitor Contractor Nondestructive Examination Program
• Evaluate nondestructive examination of welds, piping, and structural shapes
• Witness final inspection of equipment modifications or installations, including dimensional, operational and/or functional testing.
• Attend site meetings representing the NYPA Quality Assurance Department
• Assist in implementation of the NYPA Corrective Action Program
• Conduct an annual surveillance of the LEM Quality Plan
• Working knowledge of industry codes, standards and regulations (ISO 9001, ASME IX, AWS D1.1, ASNT, ASTM).
• Able to observe and report conditions and events affecting material, welding, non-destructive testing, equipment and/or system quality to the affected stakeholder and then work with the stakeholders to resolve disputes and/or technical issues.
• Working knowledge of welding/brazing, print reading, non-destructive testing and dimensional inspection methods.
• Ability to access all areas of the plant and conduct physical evaluations of equipment including ability to climb and work at high elevations.
• Personnel protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties.
• Ability to wear a respirator
• Extended working hours with the possibility of weekend and holiday work, as required by schedules, work load and plant conditions.
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal - with ability to communicate effectively with, contractors, craft, and management.
• Strong problem-solving, multitasking and project management skills.
??Education & Certifications ?
• PREFERRED Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
• QA/QC management experience
• Held Lead Auditor Certification
• Held Level II VT-1, VT-II, VT-III Piping, Mechanical, Welding, Coating & Anchor Bolt
• Held Level II - Radiography, Ultrasonic, Magnetic Particle and Liquid Penetrant Inspections