Bethel, United States
over 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Product Development Engineer in Bethel, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Product Development Engineer your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: The qualified individual will act as a project leader, interfacing directly with customers along with sales and marketing staff to bring component-based products from concept to production.
- This position entails quoting, product development, tooling and fixture design, process development, supplier selection/management, product testing, and documentation generation.
- Must possess strong project management, analytical, and communication skills along with an aptitude for hands on problem solving.
- Establish costs for new products and evaluate how changes affect costs.
- Provide guidance to customers as necessary and appropriate.
- Serve as a leader and mentor to foster a culture of best Engineering practices.
- Design robust, cost effective tools / processes and oversee prototype fabrication.
- Troubleshoot problems and define preventative and corrective actions.
- Generate system documentation including creation of prints, procedures, inspection protocols, work instructions, process control documents (Flow Chart, Control Plan, pFMEA, FAI, PPAP, etc...), and other documentation as necessary in conjunction with applicable team members.
- Effectively present findings or oral arguments to customers and / or management when necessary
- Adhere to company procedures / quality standards and ensure compliance to customer specifications and applicable external regulations (ex: OSHA, FDA)
- Work closely with the Manufacturing Engineering group to release components from the development stages to mass manufacturing with appropriate process controls in place.
- Work with Operations, Quality, Model Shop, Customer Service, and Logistics departments to produce products at the highest quality level in a timely manner.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering with 8 years related experience, capable of working in a dynamic environment, well organized and self-motivated.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and CAD solid modeling (preferably SolidWorks)
- Must be able to work effectively without supervision.
- Must possess general metallurgy knowledge and/or knowledge of NiTi properties and how processing changes these properties.
- Experience with Process Controls: Control Plan, pFMEA, DOE, MSA, Problem solving, etc.
- Experience working in ISO-9001/13485 or similar environment.
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Bethel, CT.
- Salary: 75-85k
- Benefits: Full medical, dental, vision, sick days, holidays, vacation
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.