Manchester, United States
24 days ago
Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Will play an important role in helping to ensure the smooth and successful transition of innovative products into volume manufacturing.
- Lead and maintain risk-based programs for assessing existing suppliers, identification and assessment of potential new suppliers and de-risking of the approved supplier list.
- Work with suppliers to optimize tooling, part manufacturing and assembly processes for highest quality, on-time delivery, competitive pricing and no latent defects.
- Team with colleagues to drive the appropriate APQP activities (process flow document, PFMEA, Control Plans, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Assist with Design Transfer activities as project moves from development to volume production.
- Work with Supply Chain team members to identify new suppliers and to evaluate supplier’s technical and manufacturing capabilities.
- Perform required up-front supplier evaluations, capacity-capabilities assessments, required periodic audits and for-cause audits.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Plastics or Manufacturing) required.
- Strong understanding of engineering materials including thermoplastics, elastomers, metals, surface treatments and materials specifications (MIL, ISO, ASTM, etc.).
- Familiarity with medical product development and ISO / FDA compliance requirements
- Minimum five years experience with supplier development, supplier quality and/or supply chain engineering. Experience with supply chain and supplier quality strategies is necessary.
- Experience across a wide range of commodity groups including machined components, molded components, electronic boards, cable assemblies, COTS, and other items.
- Experience with ERP systems, approved supplier lists, NCRs, SCARs and supplier metric tools.
- Estimated 25% travel performing audits. Most travel is domestic within North America with some infrequent travel overseas required.
Some clients require proof that temporary associates have received all required doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by their first date of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation recognized by law is approved. To request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.