For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Software Support Analyst in Cambridge, MA.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Software Support analyst your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Job Description Summary
Provides scientific and laboratory services, including multivendor instrument, information technology and validation/compliance services. Implements, monitors and provides technical support of customer laboratory IT environments, typically integrated with instrumentation. Implements customer specified benchtop computing design and processes.
Summary: Provide Application Support for LabX, including performing upgrades and data migration
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as Technical Lead on a laboratory upgrade project, with specific focus on LabX (Mettler-Toledo)
- Provide administration, deployment, and client-side support of LabX
- Provides application and domain expertise to develop solutions to meet requirements
- Provides technical support of customer laboratory IT systems integrated with Lab X
- Assist systems users with defining, authoring and documenting system use in user, admin, and maintenance SOPs
- Take ownership of related tasks, work under minimal supervision, and utilize industry experience to make tactical decisions
- Implement client defined standard computing platform and security policies
- Execute validation test scripts
- Identify and implement enhancements, upgrades and/or solutions to improve the overall support of the lab computing environment
- Provides feedback and suggestions to the client for future improvements
Knowledge and Skills:
- Mettler LabX deployment and method development and experience (end to end)
- Lab experience with pH meters, balances, titrators, refractometers, melting point and density meters
- 2+ years' experience with LabX method development and data migration
- Experience executing test scripts is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in Science in Computer Science, Life Science or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience providing technical support of customer laboratory IT systems
LabX experience required, prefer labx data migration experience.
The Manager will consider candidates who can relocate at their own costs and can be hired via virtual interviews.
Will start onsite in Cambridge. 2 rounds of interviews.
- Duration: 6 months
- Location: Cambridge, MA
- Salary: PAY RATE: $39.29-46.43/hr depending on experience
- Shift: Need to work onsite at least 4 days a week---Shift – 8-5pm Monday - Friday
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.