Mendota Heights, United States
over 1 year ago
Looking for an exciting job change? Let Lighthouse Professional help you find a great fit! Our client in Mendota Heights is looking to add a SQL Developer to their team! This is a remote opportunity - must be able to addend occasional meetings in MH in the future.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding and dynamic software delivery team within the Shared IT department focusing on its core global platforms. The team has locations in the US (Minneapolis), UK (Worthing), Poland (Krakow) and India (Chennai) to enable an end to end Software Delivery Lifecycle.
This role is based in Mendota Heights (Minneapolis), however, project work may require occasional short visits to other sites globally.
There is also a requirement for the successful applicant to participate in an on-call out of hours 24 x 7 shift rota.
The Data Solutions team deliver specialist SQL Server solutions and processes to enable business and client requirements, as well as development of database solutions as part of wider application deliveries.
The core activities of the IT Data Solutions team are:
- Design and develop SQL solutions to support performant and scalable data transformations and transfers of Data from other parties outside of Equiniti
- Design and Develop Power BI/SSRS reports and dashboard within a central framework/architecture
- Develop complex, performant and scalable SQL deliverables as part of a wider application delivery project
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Review and translate requirements, ensuring sufficient information is provided to enable successful delivery
- Provide estimates for requested pieces of work
- Support and input into implementation plans for application deliveries and data transformations/transfers
- Ensure SQL developments are undertaken in-line with defined processes, to schedule and budget
- Ensure SQL developments adhere to stated non-functional requirements and are fully Unit Tested
- Carry out internal data transfers between systems, as well as transfers from external providers to enable activities such as new business wins
- Provide regular progress updates to IT Project Managers
- Provide progress updates and appropriate escalations to IT Service Management for any IT Service issues
- Produce documentation required to enable IT support teams to support the solution successfully going forward
- Out of hours support of applications/solutions may be required
- Develop standard, generic processes for reuse in future solutions
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Experience and proven track record of successfully delivering SQL (2016 and later) and Power BI/SQL Reporting (2016 and later) solutions to schedule and budget
- Strong T-SQL, experience in creating complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, UDF’s and CLR’s
- Database design, modelling, projects and deployment processes
- Experience of Visual Studio Inc. Team Foundation Server for Source Control and Bug Tracking
- Experience working with both onshore and offshore remote teams
- Experienced in using Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Effective communication skills working with both IT and non-IT colleagues
- Experience working and delivering as part of projects and/or IT releases
- The ability to identify and manage risks, issues and actions related to project/release deliveries and/or IT services.
- Understanding of Design, Build & Testing approaches and strategies
- Experience in troubleshooting, performance tuning and maintenance of database solutions
- Experience of SSIS, Data Warehousing (Star / Snowflake Schema / DAX), automated TFS Build and Deployment, Powershell an advantage
- Commitment to excellence in customer service
- Focused on the detail but capable of being flexible when competing deadlines/projects require it.
Core Values & Behaviours
- Acts with integrity and high personal standards in dealings with others
- Treats others with respect, openness, honesty and fairness (empathy)
• Creates the right blend of support and challenge – for self and others
- Maintains the organisation’s reputation for high standards of business conduct.
- Adds values and builds true partnerships
- Effectively manages expectations to achieve a positive outcome
- Makes a strong positive impact and professional impression
- Builds effective networks (internally and externally)
- Effectively communicates with key stakeholders and clients
- Motivate others to meet and exceed customer service standards by creating the right working environment and relationships.
- Is passionate and believes in what we do and who we are
- Champions collaboration across the business for the benefit of Clients and Customers
• Maintains their motivation and commitment, despite changes in direction
• Consistently demonstrates the Equiniti Group Values, even under pressure.
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive of others
- Promotes teamwork and works effectively with others to achieve own and wider business goals
• Leads in sharing good practice, knowledge and experience with others
- Embraces challenges and responds quickly and positively to change
- Is receptive, flexible and resilient
- Adopts personal style to suit the situation and needs of others.
- Passionate about delivering service excellence and putting the Client / Customer first
- Works hard to get it right first time and keep promises and commitments to others
- Pro-actively takes actions and works with others to enhance our performance and reputation
- Takes ownership for problems and finds solutions
- Constantly searches for opportunities to add value and reduce costs for the Business and Clients
- Continuously learns and improves from experience and shares this with others
- Involves and leverages knowledge of others in decision making and problem solving
- Effective use of own time and commits to realistic deadlines.