depends on experience
about 2 years ago
Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Accounting & Finance and Clerical.
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Project Engineer to work for one of our clients in Bloomfield, CT on a direct hire basis.
The Sr. Project Engineer is responsible for implementing engineering projects across the company. Will work directly with clients' customers to understand project specifications and work with various engineering teams to see projects through to completion. Project work will include application development of various advanced concepts for customer demonstration and internal development of innovative solutions that improve engine emissions and CO2.
- This is an advanced product development role versus just research and development. Candidate needs more than just research abilities, needs experience of what is realistic or feasible for product development, not "pie in the sky" type ideas.
- Role involves citing concept models, simple calculations for feasibility, creating drawings for prototype parts, testing hardware in lab and qualify feasible.
- Incumbent frequently presenting results/progress updates to peer group, open and receptive to feedback, good communication skills overall.
- General duties and responsibilities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice to meet current business demands.
- Project leader of cross-functional team including design & analysis engineering, procurement, prototyping, manufacturing & operations, test lab, finance, and marketing.
- Coordinate activities required to meet Accelerated Product Development gated processes (brainstorming, design reviews, FMEAs, development validation plan & report, testing).
- Determines best techniques/procedures and applies them to design, analysis or experimentation in support of the vision and direction for New Technology team.
- Develop and maintain project coordinated schedule.
- Facilitate project internal and external communications.
- Interface with customer to obtain product technical requirements and data (product design specifications, CAD model, GT Power model, turbo maps, etc.).
- Plan, coordinate, and execute engine laboratory tests and analyses (design of experiments, engine dynamometer, endurance, fatigue, and rig testing).
- Responsible for reviewing all drawings, analysis and testing results.
- On-time delivery of critical path items for projects i.e. Cost reduction, supplier changes and development projects.
- Timely support of resolution and implementation of permanent corrective action for quality issues.
- Adhere to Engineering Standards.
- Adhere to Design Change processes.
- Coach, guide and mentor less experienced engineers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skills in project management and coordinating complex projects.
- Familiar with Six Sigma tools, Kaizen (continuous improvement), Lean, mistake-proofing, statistical process control, FMEA, and problem-solving processes.
- Mastery knowledge of testing, validation, and manufacturing practices.
- Experience in conducting Design of Experiments and Design for Six Sigma projects.
- Technical drawing interpretation and report writing.
- Understanding of internal combustion engines.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency to meet project objectives.
- Results oriented demeanor with use of problem-solving techniques.
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering required or Electrical Engineer with extensive mechanical experience.
- Master's in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Automotive industry experience highly preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in similar role or within product development.
- Design Engineers
- Director of New Technology
- Principle and Project Engineers
- Electronic and Controls Engineers
Physical & Working Environment:
Heavy-duty manufacturing facility. As such, all employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas within the facility.
Given the scope of responsibility and assignment; employees may be exposed to any or all of the following conditions:
Extensive sitting or standing; climbing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and other substantial movements for up to 8 hours per day, not including potential voluntarily overtime; loud noises; exposure to oils, coolants, fumes, odors and other potential hazardous chemicals and materials. Employees are required to have visual acuity to support the basic functions of the role as defined above.
Company adheres to all required standard procedures to ensure the safety of its employees at all times.
- 1st shift
- Direct hire with benefits
- Salary range up to $120K
- Interview process consists of 2 phone screens, 50 question behavioral test, PowerPoint presentation to provide an example of how thoughts are organized in front of customers
- Tour of facility
Lighthouse Professional Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.