Supplier Quality Engineer- Yonkers
6 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer in Yonkers, NY.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Supplier Quality Engineer your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Performs Inspections of equipment at Suppliers Facilities to contract drawings
- Determines equipment status and dispositions as appropriate
- Generates inspection reports using electronic media with necessary supporting documents such as photographs to the buyer and QA Coordinator.
- Report on non-conforming materials report with status reports for suppliers
- Support the collection of data to establish Supplier performance at PSI
- Generate performance reports for Suppliers by contract
- Perform, support First Article Inspections at Suppliers facilities
- Perform, support Supplier Qualification Audits at Suppliers facilities
- Perform, support Supplier Process Audits at Suppliers facilities
- Generate necessary reports with follow up to closure on task open at Suppliers facility relating to quality
- Attend meetings relating to Supplier performance. Perform presentations to company or customer management of departments, as necessary.
- Represents Quality Dept. as Tiger team facilitator, report status of KRC rejection cage items and follow up with responsible departments of all non-conforming material past due to closure
- Assist in review, development, and implementation to product improvement due to quality related issues
- Perform witness to qualification and routine test and report results with follow up to closure in quality related issues
- Must have, at a minimum, the following:
- 5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance or Engineering in the passenger rail car business or a closely related field, plus
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent computer and report generating skills.
- Good written (English) skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Yonkers, NY
Salary: Depending on Experience
Benefits: Full Benefits, Medical, Dental, Vision,
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.