Mendota Heights, United States
23 days ago
Looking for an exciting job change? Let Lighthouse Professional help you find a great fit! Our client, a leader in the Investment Banking arena, is seeking a Technical Tester to join their team!
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding and dynamic software delivery team within the Shared IT department focusing on its core global platforms. The team has locations in the US (Minneapolis), UK (Worthing), Poland (Krakow) and India (Chennai) to enable an end to end Software Delivery Lifecycle.
This role is based in Minneapolis, however, project work may require occasional short visits to other sites globally as well was flexibility to align with UK BST time zone for critical meetings on a prearranged basis.
The core activities of the Technical Tester are: to carry out deployment validations; to design, plan, script and execute performance tests for a variety of internal and customer-facing solutions; to maintain the solution test environment; to interpret the performance testing results using a variety of tools raising defects accordingly and to ensure and maintain a level of quality excellence for all products.
The Technical Tester conducts the final test activity prior to release of the code to a live environment. The main objectives are to use the deployment notes to ensure that the frozen code will deploy correctly to a like live environment and then to validate performance in accordance with the target performance metrics for the application. The Technical Tester will use a variety of tools to validate and diagnose deployment, application and performance issues. The Technical Tester is focused on the delivery of quality software that meets the performance targets across all of the product set.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the following activities and providing oversight and transparency across the release process;
- Conduct final deployment validations for all core system and web applications in the Equiniti domain to ensure that the deployment notes enable the frozen code to deploy correctly into a like live environment
- Smoke test the deployed code to ensure that core functionality completes successfully
- Create, maintain and run load suites before and after deployments using the JMeter toolset
- Determine the adequate level of performance testing coverage in collaboration with the Test Manager, Solution Analysts and Business Users for all new applications
- Troubleshoot code deployments, application errors and performance test results using Fiddler, IE console, event viewer, IIS, SQL logs and SQL tracing / profiling. And raise identified bugs in Team Foundation Server.
- Provide sign off of all deployments to enable the code release to progress to the live environment
- Maintain the technical test environment carrying out various administration tasks including database restores, replication rebuilds, windows NLB administration and basic SQL database administration
- Provide effective communication to all stakeholders to support the delivery of the test activity.
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge on current technologies, tools and software test methodologies.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Adherence to all Regulatory, Security and Compliance requirements