TTP or Direct
- Seeking a skilled toolmaker to fill the position of Toolmaker/Machine Builder. This individual will work in a clean toolroom environment to fabricate close tolerance machine components from detail drawings, as well as fit and assemble them into in-house production equipment.
- They will work closely with engineers, toolmakers and machinists to generate fully functional tooling and support the development and debugging of tooling in the build and support of custom in-house production and assembly equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This individual must be an independent worker who is self-motivated. They will often manage their own projects from start to finish, beginning with the selection of stock to the assembly and debugging of complex custom inhouse production and assembly equipment and machinery.
- Must be proficient in the use of a Milling machines (manual and CNC), Lathe, Surface Grinder, and other close tolerance material removal processes/equipment.
- They will fabricate and fit machine parts to close tolerances, sometimes +/- 0.0001”.
- Assemble all components either supplied by an outside vendor or made in-house.
- They will support engineers in the startup and debugging of machines.
- Have the ability to communicate solutions to resolve mechanical problems during the build and debugging of assembly equipment.
- Support the repair of production equipment when necessary to ensure continued product output.
- Have experience in the machining of tool steel, stainless steel, aluminum and alternate materials such as plastics.
- Utilizing services such as EDM, heat treating and cold working to fabricate parts.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- The ideal candidate will have a trade school education with a tool making apprenticeship or the equivalent
- Minimum of ten (10) years tool making, tool and die, mold building, or machine building experience