Watsonville, United States
10 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Tool & Die Maker in Watsonville, CA.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Tool & Die Maker your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Under general supervision, the Machine Specialist/ Tool and Die Maker performs essential duties to ensure that a wide variety of different parts, made from refractory metals (Tungsten and Molybdenum), are machined to the specifications detailed the engineering prints and other related documents. The candidate may also work closely with the Engineering and Assembly to provide in-process trouble-shooting and evaluate the quality of the machined components or finished product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review specifications to determine tool and fixutres requirements, setup procedure, machining sequence, and dimensions on a typical toolroom Lathe.
- Ability to machine tigh tolerance (± 0.0005) components and miniature parts.
- Reads complex blueprints, bill of materials, and other specifications to determine product requirements.
- Selects and/or manufacture fixtures, part holding, and tooling to machine parts as necessary.
- Machine complex parts on the tool room lathe with manual intervention to meet the required dimensional specs.
- Confirms conformance of finished work to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary
- Identifies workmanship and material defects and deficiencies and initiates changes when required.
- Provides estimates of programming time required for job quoting process.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Position will require overtime, weekend, and holidays, as needed.
- Familiarity with Fanuc CNC controller control experience, Anilam and Fagor a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to set up a machine and run the job with minimal supervision.
- Basic math and computing knowledge, to include word processing, and email
- Knowledge of general safety procedures
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Ability to meet production requirements as specified
DETAILS: For Final Machinist CNC Lathe/ Tool & Die Maker- starting at $30/hour. If person knows Lathe CNC with Fanuc controller, it will be much more. This position will be for someone who learns fast and already has experience with tool making & the machine cause there will be min of training.
- Duration: Direct Hire Permanent
- Location: Watsonville, CA
- Salary: 30-45hr.
- Benefits: yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org