Stratford, United States
3 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Tool & Die Mold Maker in Stratford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
Must be able to construct new tooling and/or make major alterations to tools, jigs, fixtures, zinc die cast molds, and gauges using appropriate Tool room equipment with attention to detail, tolerances and quality working with Management and Engineering.
- Read and interpret blueprints, make detailed sketches. Work from verbal and written instructions to make or modify new or existing tooling.
- Troubleshoot and perform necessary zinc die cast mold and trim die repairs with little or no supervisory instruction.
- Make sure work performed is checked for accuracy and fit.
- Inspect, maintain, clean, lubricate, and repair molds and production equipment.
- Record all changes made to tooling and submit to Department Foreperson or Supervisor for review.
- Layout and perform all bench & required machine operations.
- Work and communicate well with management and co-workers.
- Direct and instruct apprentices.
- Maintain proper housekeeping and safety standards
- Set-up and operate Tool Room equipment including but not limited to Mill, Lathe, Grinders, Saws, Sinker EDM.
- Ability to learn set-up and programming of 3, 4, and 5 axis CNC Mill, CNC Lathe and Wire EDM.
- Capable to learn the use of Solidworks, Esprit, and Mastercam software for programming and design.
- Strong knowledge in geometry and algebra.
- Good computer skills.
- Basic knowledge of metallurgy and steel proprieties.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good communication skills.
- Possess own precision measuring tools.
- Ability to problem solve independently.
- High School or equivalent diploma.
- 3-5 years’ experience maintaining/ building /and repairing die cast molds.
- Completion of Journeyman program, Machining Vocational Technical program, or equivalent experience.
100% performed in plant facilities with extensive noise and machinery running. Safety glasses, safety shoes, and ear plugs are required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and fingers to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 50 pounds.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com