Branford, United States
6 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Tool Maker / CNC Machinist to work permanently for a client in North Branford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Tool & Die Maker/ CNC Machinist your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
We are looking for Tool & Die Maker candidates with a minimum of 3 years of experience and a high school diploma from a vocational-technical high school, completion of an apprenticeship program or community college/technical school training program.
CNC machinist to independently set up and run 3-Axis ProtoTrack CNC mill, familiar with the metric system, reading prints and measuring tools
CNC machinist to independently set up and run 5-Axis DMG DMU65 CNC mill, Heidenhain iTNC530 Control
Both positions require the candidate to be familiar with metric system, reading prints and measuring tools and have a minimum of 3 years of work experience
You will be performing setups and operating CNC machinery (horizontal, vertical) to produce precision quality parts machining a variety of materials (SS304, 316L, aluminum and a variety of plastics, etc.).
- Program and operate a variety of machines such as milling machines, lathes, grinding machine and hand tools.
- Review shop orders and complete them as needed.
- Perform own setups.
- Check dimensions of parts & hold tolerance according to print specs.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints. Ability to check dimensions of the part according to the blueprint, by using precision measuring instruments including micrometers, calipers, fixtures, and gauges.
- Perform repair and preventative maintenance on shop equipment.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies.
- Quick learner to become proficient at editing programs controls using G & M codes (Prototrak, MillPlus IT and CNC432).
- Work independently
- Highly dependable with an excellent attendance record is required
- Comfortable with metric system (all prints, machines and QC tools are in metric so no conversion is necessary)
Minimum Qualifications :
Duration: Permanent Hire.
Location: North Branford, CT.
Salary: depending on experience
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!