Weld Shop Manager
5 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates, and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Weld Manager in Shelton, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a Weld Manager, your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to leading our welding department consisting of over 25-welders
The Weld Manager role provides overall department leadership to welding staff and manages the day-to-day welding operations for all MIG, TIG, Spot Welding and Plasma cutting requirements
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Manage, facilitate, and oversee all day-to-day welding operations including MIG/TIG/Spot Welding and Plasma cutting of carbon steel, stainless steel, and aluminum to ensure quality fabricated products in a job-shop, time-sensitive environment.
- Mentor and train weld supervisors and welders at various skill levels
- Resolve all day-to-day welding issues negatively impacting product quality and product throughput
- Develop, implement, and maintain cross-training to ensure department throughput requirements can be met regardless of product complexity
- Identify, investigate, and resolve technical issues related to welding product setup, welding, and quality.
- Ensures accurate records are maintained for product work orders, including but not limited to logging in/out of all labor operations and accurately logging good/bad part quantities per labor operation
- Minimum 5-years of supervisory experience within a fabrication/welding environment
- Strong ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifications, and work instructions.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently resolve welding issues that occur during day-to-day operations
- Highly skilled in both MIG & TIG welding of various metals
- Must have a strong sense of urgency, be time-sensitive and highly motivated.
- Results oriented, with the ability to manage/lead under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment, with changing priorities
- Ability to mentor and train department staff
- Certifications in various welding processes a plus
- Engineering degree preferred but no required
- Must have availability to work 9-10 hr weekdays and 5-hr Saturdays
- Bi-lingual a plus (English/Spanish, English/Polish)
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Shelton, CT
- Salary: Depending on Experience
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.